- Active ingredient: Clomiphene citrate
- Type: Selective estrogen receptor modulator
- Form: Oral (pills)
Clomiphene citrate is an antiestrogen belonging to the triphenylethylene group. It is classified as selective estrogen receptor modulator with mixed agonist and antagonistic properties This means that in certain tissues they block the action of estrogen by binding to receptors, while there is an exception – the bone tissue, where, on the contrary, it. activates estrogen receptors, and its useful feature to prevent osteoporosis.
Mechanism of action
In men, both drugs act as antiestrogens in their ability to interfere with the negative feedback of estrogens to the hypothalamus and stimulate increased production of GnRH (gonadoliberin), which increase the production of LH and FSH hormones by the pituitary gland, triggering the synthesis of testosterone and sperm in the testicles.
Clomiphene acts on estrogen receptors in the pituitary gland and ovaries. By binding the estrogen receptors in the pituitary gland, clomiphene breaks the negative feedback mechanism, i.e. if usually estrogens, acting on the pituitary gland, reduce the production of FSH and LH, then when taking clomiphene this does not happen. Clomiphene does not directly affect the level of estrogen in the blood.Thus, clomiphene acts as an antagonist of estrogens and eliminates their inhibitory effect on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, contributing to a more rapid restoration of their function.
How to use
Recovery after the cycle: Depending on the severity, up to 150 mg is used in the first days and then gradually reduced to a dosage of 50-25 mg within two weeks, then they are guided by the lab tests. After light courses such as for example oxandrolone solo, it is enough to drink 50 mg for the first week and then 25 mg for the second week. In any case, the recommendations are only approximate, each case is individual and should be considered separately.
Therapy to increase testosterone levels: 50 to 25 mg per day, and adjust the dosage according to the tests. The vast majority of men over 35 are satisfied with a dosage of 25 mg per day, they note an increase in testosterone, libido and energy levels, and also do not experience any side effects.
- Blocking estrogen receptor (mostly active in brain)
- Increase production of endogenous testosterone(as the part of PCT or anti-age therapy)
- Strengthens bones
- Prevents the estrogen induced gynecomastia
- Breast tenderness or discomfort
- Blurred vision or other visual disturbances
- Note that Clomiphene side effects are very rare
- Half-life: 5-6 days
- Frequency of intake: 1 time day
- Hypersensitivity to clomiphene citrate or components of the formulation
- History of hepatic impairment
- Hepatic disease
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Uncontrolled adrenal dysfunction
- Non-PCOS related ovarian cyst
- Organic intracranial lesions
- Uncontrolled thyroid disease
- Pituitary tumor
How to store
- Keep away from children
- Keep in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight
- Store at room temperature
- Do not use after the expiry date