- Active ingredient: Mesterolone
- Type: Anabolic steroids (DHT derivative)
- Form: Orals (pills)
Mesterolone is an androgen steroid drug with low anabolic and moderate androgenic activity. Mesterolone is often used in bodybuilding during the cycle of anabolic steroids to solve various problems.
Proviron increases the concentration of androgens by binding to SHBG, thus increasing the effectiveness of the cycle. But, mesterolone, as has been shown in studies, does not contribute to the restoration of testosterone secretion, unlike tamoxifen.
In fact, due to its extremely high affinity for plasma binding proteins such as SHBG, mesterolone may actually work to potentate the activity of other steroids by displacing a higher percentage into a free, unbound state. Among athletes, mesterolone is primarily used to increase androgen levels when dieting or preparing for a contest, and as an anti-estrogen due to its intrinsic ability to antagonize the aromatase enzyme.
Increases libido and erection, with slight suppression of the level of own testosterone. Often used by athletes on PCT or with failure expectation syndrome, for confidence in their sexual performance and increasing libido with low side effects.
If mesterolone use cause priapism (prolonged painful erection), the dosage of the drug should be reduced or discontinued. Mesterolone is not aromatized by the body, and is not measurably estrogenic. An anti-estrogen is not necessary when using this steroid, as the drug is unlikely to induce gynecomastia, water retention, or other estrogen-related side effects.
Mesterolone is actually believed to act as an antiaromatase in the body, preventing or slowing the conversion of steroids into estrogen. The result is somewhat comparable to anastrozole, although less profound.
Mesterolone has a very weak suppressive effect on gonadotropins and serum testosterone. Studies show that when given in moderate doses (150 mg per day or less), significant suppression of testosterone levels does not occur.
How to use
To treat androgen insufficiency, mesterolone is usually given in a dose of 1 tablet (25 mg) two-tree times per day at the initiation of therapy. The drug is later continued at a lower maintenance dose, which usually consists of taking 1 tablet (25 mg) one to two times per day
The usual dosage among male athletes is between 50 mg and 150 mg of mesterolone per day, or two to six 25 mg tablets. The drug is typically taken in cycles of 6-12 weeks in length, which is usually a sufficient period of time to notice the benefits of drug therapy.
To improve the quality and increases the number of spermatozoa it used 25-50 mg per day. It compensates for the lack of production of male sex hormones (androgens), has a stimulating effect on the development of male genital organs and secondary sexual characteristics, improves libido and potency, exhibits anabolic properties, and stimulates erythropoiesis.
- Strong binding affinity for Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBD)
- Increases the amount of anabolic/androgenic steroids in blood serum
- No aromatization and complete absence of estrogenic side effects
- Decreased aromatization by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme
- Increases libido and fertility
- Improves erectile function and sexual performance
- Week suppression of testosterone production
- Oily skin
- Body/facial hair growth.
- Male pattern hair loss.
- For women there is the potential of virilizing effects and clitoral enlargement.
- Reduce HDL (good) cholesterol and increase LDL (bad) cholesterol values, which may shift the HDL to LDL balance in a direction that favors a greater risk of arteriosclerosis.
- Known or suspected carcinoma of the prostate or breast.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients
- High blood calcium levels
How to store
- Keep away from children
- Keep in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight
- Store at room temperature
- Do not use after the expiry date