- Active ingredient: Cildenafil citrate
- Type: Selective inhibitor of specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5)
- Form: Oral (pills)
Sildenafil is a popular erectile function enhancer in men (sold under the brand name Viagra), but recently this drug has found wider use both in medicine and in bodybuilding. It does not affect the nitric oxide level, but promotes the expansion of blood vessels in the muscles and pelvis. Sildenafil blocks the enzyme called PDE-5 (phosphodiesterase-5) , which breaks down nitric oxide in a blood flow, so its concentration begins to increase, thereby promoting vasodilation. The drug has a high specificity for the pelvic organs, but it’s active throughout the body, since the drug was developed for the treatment of cardiovascular problems.
There are a dozens of benefits that make the use of Viagra in bodybuilding profitable and efficient. The drug slightly lowers blood pressure, has a positive effect on the heart, effectively improves blood flow in the muscles and causes a minimum of side effects. One of the short ones is an unprecedented pump that leads to mechanical stretching of the vessels of the muscle, fascia and indirectly contributes to the growth of target muscles being trained.
Note that some people mistakenly believe that taking Sildenafil causes a permanent erection, but this is not the case. In the absence of sexual arousal (stimulation), an erection never occurs. Study in Clinical and Translational Science magazine suggested that sildenafil could increase muscle protein synthesis and reduce muscle fatigue. So as the conclusion it may “represent a potential pharmacologic strategy to improve skeletal muscle function”.
- Improving sexual performance
- Improving blood circulation throughout the body
- Decreasing levels of inflammation and C-reactive protein
- Reduce aromatization
- Low blood pressure.
- Improving the function of the vascular endothelium
- Increased testosterone levels
- Upset stomach; abnormal vision, such as changes in color vision
- In bodybuilding, a sufficient dosage is 10-25 mg. The best time to take is before the workout.
- To improve sex performance dosage are bit higher, and starts at 25 mg to 100 mg.
- Half-life: 3-4 hours
- Frequency of intake: 1 time day
- Myocardial infarction within the last 90 days
- Unstable angina or angina occurring during sexual intercourse
- New York Heart Association Class 2 or greater heart failure in the last 6 months
- Uncontrolled arrhythmias, hypotension (<90/50 mm Hg), or uncontrolled hypertension
- stroke within the last 6 months.
How to store
- Keep away from children
- Keep in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight
- Store at room temperature
- Do not use after the expiry date